Privacy Statement on the protection of personal data
The processing of personal data concerns a list of email addresses and information of individuals collected through the CLIPC portal.
This processing is managed by the CLIPC the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 607418.
The Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) and the ePrivacy directive (2002/58/EC, as revised by 2009/136/EC) are applicable. From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679) will also apply.
The CLIPC team acts as Controller of the processing of personal data. If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, please fill out the form on: http://www.clipc.eu/contact
2. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
We collect personal data:
- when you provide feedback by e-mail form;
- when you participate in possible on-line surveys.
Personal data are collected and processed in order to facilitate a number of activities within the CLIPC context. Your data are collected to enable:
- the personalization of your access to data services;
- to enable the CLIPC team to answer your enquiries and give you information concerning new developments and the use of the system;
- to enable sharing of knowledge concerning the usage of the system;
- to analyse errors to improve the operation of the system.
The CLIPC team will also use the data to prepare anonymous statistics about the usage of the site. Collected personal data are treated according to the policy described in the above-mentioned Regulation.
Data will be used only for the above purposes and in order to improve the service.
The collected data will be registered/stored:
- in database (managed in cooperation with the SeaDataNet infrastructure);
- in list (managed by the helpdesk of EMODnet Bathymetry).
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
Your collected data will be treated confidentially and used only by the CLIPC team. No personal data is transmitted to parties, which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned. The CLIPC initiative will not share personal data with third parties for direct marketing.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data is stored on the network of servers of the CLIPC portal, processed and may also be forwarded by email to the expert responsible for replying to the enquiry.
The CLIPC portal complies with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and the processing thereof, and more specifically with ePrivacy Directive.
The CLIPC portal has put in place, and regularly reviews and updates, appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information.
5. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data is kept as long as follow-up actions linked to the above mentioned purpose are necessary. All personal data will be deleted at the end of the CLIPC initiative.
6. Website operator and data controller:
In case you have questions related to this processing or concerning any information processed in this context, or on your rights, please contact the CLIPC controller responsible for processing these data (Please use the contact form: http://www.clipc.eu/contact).
Analytics Anonymous data (all website visitors)
When you visit this website we automatically collect some information which is stored in the web server logs. These logs contain a history of page requests. Information about the request, including client IP address, request date/time, page requested, HTTP code, bytes served, user agent, and referrer are added. A statistical analysis of the server log is used to examine traffic patterns by time of day, day of week, referrer, or user agent. The software used to analyse the server logs is AWStats (www.awstats.org).
Google Analytics (all website visitors)
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic to help us analyse how users use our website. Information collected includes:
- Internet browser and device type
- Gender + Age
- Location data
- Activities on our website.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
|Used to distinguish users.
|Used to distinguish users.
|Used to throttle request rate.
|30 seconds to 1 year
|Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
- You could also use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
More information about Google Analytics can be found at https://analytics.google.com/